Thursday, May 7, 2009

CO14 IPG 2 Expansion Phase Day 6 Update

Dear Friends!

ALL who are able are encouraged to come and join us this Saturday, 9 May.  We will be meeting at the Timber Ridge community center to start our day at 10:00 AM.  Please note the change in venue from the Baha’i Center.  There will be no activities at the Baha’i Center on Saturday.  You can review the schedule of events at http://co14teaching.blogspot.com/2009/05/co14-ipg-2-expansion-phase-schedule.html  Also, please remember that ALL are welcome to join the prayer team at 270 Ohio Street in the Timber Ridge community from 1:00-4:00 PM.

Location:

Timber Ridge

3717 S Taft Hill Rd,

Fort Collins, CO 80526

(SW corner of Taft Hill Rd and Horsetooth)

 

Trust thou in the divine grace and have hope in the merciful gift. If thou wishest for everlasting joy and happiness, engage thou in delivering (teaching) the Cause of God night and day, for the commemoration of God attracts confirmation and assistance like unto a magnet.

 

            (Abdu'l-Baha, Tablets of Abdu'l-Baha v1, p. 185)

 

Here is another story from the teaching teams.

There was a success in nearly every encounter today.  Even those who cut us short did so without creating a scene.  The friends on the team praised my teaching efforts, but I had to say that ordinarily, I can barely talk to people in or out of the teaching field.  If I accept the credit for what actually comes from the spirit, then…well, let me convey to you what I mean in a little poem I came across: 

“The wings of the Word set me free, Until I thought the Word was me.” (Anonymous)

Friends, this is real…the next encounter I would like to describe involved a 17-year old fellow who stood with us bare-footed and without a coat on that chilly Saturday afternoon under an over-cast sky.  He was receptive to the approach and I sensed that I was in the presence of a wise and spirit-filled soul.  He opened up remarkably when I turned to the page that included the term “Manifestation”.  I brought to his attention the belief that Christ is expected to return.  His favorable reaction to that was strong indeed!  I told him next that Christ has returned, and that the Baha’is refer to Him as Baha’u’llah.  I told him that Bahá means Glory, Light and Splendor…and that a Baha’I is a follower of such.  He saw the names of the Prophets…all of them!...and his receptivity and respect increased.  After an exchange of a few Bible quotations, we both realized that it was time to end the discussion, and I sensed…an interruption had entered in.  But the friends with me again pitched in and we were able to convey information to his willing ears.  In less than five minutes after that…the weather chilled a bit more…but our hearts were warmed with the wonders of our camaraderie together and the significant amount of success we enjoyed.  Take note, if you will, that in that word …is “joy”.

With Love, 

CO14 Area Teaching Committee