Friday, May 8, 2009

CO14 IPG 2 Expansion Phase Day 7 Update

“And remind them that they are the illumined souls envisioned by ‘Abdu’l-Baha in His prayer: “Heroes are they, O my Lord, lead them to the field of battle.  Guides are they, make them to speak out with arguments and proofs.  Ministering servants are they, cause them to pass round the cup that brimmeth with the wine of certitude.  O my God, make them to be songsters that carol in the fair gardens, make them lions that couch in the thickets, whales that plunge in the vasty deep.”

Universal House of Justice, 27 Dec 2005


SATURDAY EVENTS:

Come and join your friends and fellow believers starting at 10-12 PM for deepening at the Timber Ridge Community Center. Lunch will be served from 12-1 PM.  We will be teaching in the afternoon from 1-4 PM with a BBQ and Unity Feast in the evening at 6 PM. 

Timber Ridge

3717 S Taft Hill Rd

Fort Collins, CO 80526

(community center)


Stories from the field of teaching….Enjoy.

Our story started last night when one of the teachers called and asked if any teaching was going on Thursday. He started with a sure and emphatic voice "I have a burning desire to teach, are you going to Timber Ridge". His voice was like music to my ears.  How would the Concourse on High reject our plea for success if he honors us and with such a burning desire wants to teach the Cause of Baha'u’llah with us?

I knew something memorable was going to transpire. We met at 2:15 at the parking lot by the club house.  We decided to say a few prayers before we started our new venture. We sat at the table by the pool to start our devotion. Suddenly one of the children’s class participants yelled for us and ran to our table.  Her father being always with her and very protective followed her to a near distance to our table.  I asked him to join us, however, he refused and kept his distance, but allowed his daughter to stay with us. As we started saying prayers we noticed that he was inching up closer and closer to our table and he finally approached the side by his daughter.

By this time we had finished our prayer and I lifted up my head to look at this father.  I asked him if anything was troubling him? He minimized his sadness, "It is OK".  We offered the prayer “Refresh and gladden my spirit” from the last page of the teaching flipbook and he accepted. After the prayer I gazed again at his sad eyes and beautiful dark face. I told him I saw a lot of sadness in his eyes. He suddenly changed and shook his head in agreement.   I could not wait to react any longer as my arms opened like a bird taking flight… I hugged him. He melted in my arms like snow on a hot summer day. I told him that he has friends in us, and whenever he is ready he can talk to us about his sadness. Then I had the opportunity to tell him why and what we Bahais are teaching at Timber Ridge, and why we care so much about the children and junior youth. Oh, how attentive he was. The important point here is that he had rejected us a couple of times to hear about the Baha'i Faith, now he has come to trust us and even willing to share with us his private thoughts.

Ya-Baha’u’l-Abha


This next story is proof that the younger generation is more receptive and free from all the entanglements of life. They truly understand that unity is the most important ingredient which is missing in our society.

The other day our team met a Hispanic high school student. She greeted us with her beautiful and welcoming smile to enter her house. We began to share the Baha’i Faith with her, and as we continued she became even more interested. The concept of Unity had intrigued her interest.  Meanwhile her 9 year old sister joined us. As we got to the section about the life of Baha'u’llah her mother entered the house and was wondering what was going on. I explained to her our purpose and she said "We are Catholic." I asked her if she prefers we would leave immediately. Her response was positive so we gathered our teaching materials and were ready to leave.  On our way out the other teacher congratulated this mother for raising such a well-behaved and well-mannered child. This statement made her look at us for the first time and she softened her attitude. We proceeded to explain the children class and the junior youth group.  We shared with her the first lesson from book 3. She promised to look at it and may let her children attend the activities. We left the house and our friends to the care of the Blessed Beauty.

The moving part is what happened today. While we were walking near the club house the younger sister who was riding on her bicycle waved at us and said "My sister and I will be there on Saturday.” We all became very emotional and gave our thanks and gratitude to the Ancient Beauty for showering His Bounties upon us so fast and soon.

Ya-Baha’u’l-Abha